The following topics will be discussed on BlogTalkRadio: "Help 4 HD - The HD View" -
Tuesday's @ 6:30PM (EST). Our amazing medical professionals (Dr. LaVonne Goodman, Dr. Peg Nopoulos, Dr.
Mary Edmondson, and so many others) are given these topics to discuss on our show.
These topics will also be included within the documentary. Huntington's disease is more than a movement
disorder, and we must shed light on all aspects of this disease!
- JHD / HD: What are the differences?
- Psychiatric, behavioral, and emotional manifestations throughout stages of JHD/HD
- Testing: Difficulties receiving disability / Trouble with getting diagnosed by medical professionals
- Medical records discrimination – labeling patients and/or discrimination from doctors
- What is CAG? How "perfect" is the scale?
- Suicide - Why are suggested rates of suicide higher in the HD community than in the general public?
- Sexual behavior: Promiscuity / Ability / Inability / Relationships
- Stress management within the family - Anger / Disconnects / Denial / Realizing our limits and what is in our control.
- Relationships: How does JHD/HD affect relationships of all kinds? Additional caregiver support!
- Telling your children about JHD/HD. How resilient are children? *The psychological approach / opinion*
- Imprisonment of HD individuals / Arrest(s) of HD individuals / Homelessness
- Alcoholism and/or Drug addictions
- End of life issues: Euthanasia, Feeding Tubes, DNR, DNI (Do Not Intubate), NP (No Pressors)
- How does someone with JHD/HD die? *Why: choking, infection, heart failure*
- Having children once diagnosed positively with HD / Termination / HD-free family IVF/PGD / Adoption
- Finding treatments or the cure: Research / Studies and Trials
- Survivor guilt syndrome / Abandonment (testing negative and feeling alone/forgotten)
- Necessary adaptive equipment for JHD/HD patients, and food preparation
- Financial issues and the need for financial aid for JHD/HD
- Affects of EMF (cordless phones/wireless devices) on JHD/HD
- Celebrating the amazing JHD/HD advocates, organizations, and medical professionals worldwide!
Our aim is to produce a comprehensive, international documentary. We must engage the international audience
and discuss many aspects of Huntington's disease which are quite frequently ignored.
We frequently add topics! Please email us if you wish to add a specific topic! Topics@WeHaveAFace.org
**Please be sure to refresh your browser to see updated topics added to this page.**