These topics will be included within the documentary. Huntington's disease is more than a movement disorder, and we must
shed light on all aspects of this disease! We must not be afraid to tell the full truth of this disease!
- JHD / HD: What are the differences?
- Psychiatric, behavioral, and emotional manifestations throughout stages of JHD/HD
- Testing: Difficulties receiving disability / Trouble with getting diagnosed by medical professionals
- Medical records discrimination – labeling patients and/or discrimination from doctors
- What is CAG? How "perfect" is the scale?
- Suicide - Why are suggested rates of suicide higher in the HD community than in the general public?
- Sexual behavior: Promiscuity / Ability / Inability / Relationships
- Stress management within the family - Anger / Disconnects / Denial / Realizing our limits and what is in our control.
- Relationships: How does JHD/HD affect relationships of all kinds? Additional caregiver support! Abuse?
- Telling your children about JHD/HD. How resilient are children? *The psychological approach / opinion*
- Imprisonment of HD individuals / Arrest(s) of HD individuals / Homelessness
- Alcoholism and/or Drug addictions
- End of life issues: Euthanasia, Feeding Tubes, DNR, DNI (Do Not Intubate), NP (No Pressors)
- How does someone with JHD/HD die? *Why: choking, infection, heart failure*
- Having children once diagnosed positively with HD / Termination / HD-free family IVF/PGD / Adoption
- Finding treatments or the cure: Research / Studies and Trials
- Survivor guilt syndrome / Abandonment (testing negative and feeling alone/forgotten)
- Necessary adaptive equipment for JHD/HD patients, and food preparation
- Financial issues and the need for financial aid for JHD/HD
- Affects of EMF (cordless phones/wireless devices) on JHD/HD
- Celebrating the amazing JHD/HD advocates, organizations, and medical professionals worldwide!
Our aim is to produce a comprehensive, international documentary. We must engage the international audience and discuss
many aspects of HD/JHD which are quite frequently ignored.
Please email us if you wish to add a specific topic! James@WeHaveAFace.org
**Please be sure to refresh your browser to see updated topics added to this page.**