The following topics will be discussed on BlogTalkRadio: "Help 4 HD - The HD View" - Monday's @ 6:30PM (EST).
These topics will also be included within the documentary. Huntington's disease is more than a movement disorder, and
we must shed light on so many aspects of this disease!
- JHD / HD: Differences / Symptoms / Affects (mental / emotional / physical / financial)
- Testing: Difficulties receiving disability / Trouble with getting diagnosed by medical professionals
- Medical records discrimination – labeling patients and/or discrimination from doctors
- Suicide - Why are suggested rates of suicide higher in the HD community than in the general public?
- Sexual behavior: Promiscuity / Ability / Inability / Relationships
- Stress management within the family
- Imprisonment of HD individuals / Arrest(s) of HD individuals / Homelessness
- Alcoholism and/or Drug addictions
- End of life issues: Euthanasia, Feeding Tubes, DNR, DNI (Do Not Intubate), NP (No Pressors)
- Choking (when to and when not to DNI - Do Not Intubate)
- Having children once diagnosed positively with HD / Termination / HD-free family IVF/PGD / Adoption
- Finding the cure: Research / Studies and Trials
- Survivor / Guilt Syndrome / Abandonment (testing negative and feeling alone/forgotten)
- Necessary adaptive equipment for JHD/HD patients, and food preparation
- Financial issues and the need for financial aid for JHD/HD
- Affects of EMF (cordless phones/wireless devices) on JHD/HD